I'm actually quite happy with the result, so much so I plan to serve them at Thanksgiving. Seriously, this thing is crazy good.
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of allspice
- 1 cup of persimmon puree from (1 large hachiya persimmon)
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt, mix it all together.
4 Place the pulp from the hachiya persimmon into a food processor and puree. Add to the blondie mixture and whisk very well.
4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.